I have been really having fun making clock designs to sell on Redbubble. I dont quite remember the last time I had a spare moment to myself let alone full time creative freedom. It’s nice. Here are four clocks I have designed that Redbubble print and manufacture.
I have designed a clock that is for sale on redbubble.
Today I have been organising my portable music device. The main reason was to have new music and to make sure each song had a cover, as a visual person it is easier for me to store a visual database and and aural database. There were some songs/DJs/albums that just did not have a cover – or not one worth putting on a portable music device.
I designed some covers based off a quick google image search to find a picture that I liked and sometimes I grabbed a logo. Some were created from my own photography or digital illustration. Here is the few that I made.
These were all created in GiMP with each cover taking no more than 10 minutes to create.
(I will come back and put links/credits to the original internet images)
Last year I was asked by a musician to do a photo shoot and to create a stylised vector drawing of him for the cover of his upcoming CD. Long story short: the three versions of the illustration never saw the light of day until now.
Since the design remains my intellectual property I can show you the stylised vector of the unnamed musician:
For what it is worth: I chose the bottom of the three versions for the cover and placed all the required text in the white space and it looked amazing.
I made these for the State Zionist Council of Queensland in 2007. I was asked to take two images and convert them into an image that looked like a badge. I was given the images and a tutorial and started to create them. Here is the original and remake of both images:
While I was making these badges I realised that the images would need to be edited before being made into the badge. The image itself is just a layer in the overall design and in order for them to look good in a circle they did need to be changed. The first badge is clearly rearranged so the words “Isreal 60” were large enough to read – if the whole image was scaled it became hard to read the words. The person and Star of David were also repositioned in relation to the words. Overall the design is easier to read and see especially on the circle badge.
The second image was reflected horizontally and vertically in order to make the Star of David easier to see, have the flag look more like a flag in this context and to create an overall more balanced image inside the circle badge.
These badges were later placed in brochures.
When making these images it seemed appropriate to label the images with my Kassandra Designs signature typeface. I will probably do this alot now.
Finally after some time I have an identity ready for print. Speaking of which the files have all been uploaded to the printer and going to be printed and delivered within the month! That should be exciting to see it all!
I have put in an order for these items:
- Sticky notes (like post-its)
- Stamp (self inking with just logo in black)
- Outdoor Banner (90.2 cm x 50.8 cm)
- Return Address stickers
These items should all arrive by the end of the month. I got a good deal and get all these items for just under $50 delivered to my door. I save heaps because the company was doing free uploading of designs.
I will photograph the items when they arrive. Another full identity done by Kassandra.
When I studied photography at university we were asked to photograph under various lighting conditions. I decided to take this experiment one step further by setting up an experiment with coloured material, daylight exposure settings and various lighting conditions. The aim is to SEE how light affects colour. When I did the class I created a book with spreads that looked like this:
After finishing university, with some free time on my hands, I have completely redesigned the whole book. The following image is all the spreads (scaled) with the concept, conclusions and title (larger).
Photography by Kassandra
Title and spectrum “decoration” created in Illustrator
Layout in InDesign