A postcard I designed to post out to friends and family. I decided to make the text “cheesy postcard style” which I enjoyed creating. I am also riding my bike wearing a dress that designed and sewed.
The secret with the text was the selection tool to get space inside the type and deleting the inverse from photographs. These shapes of photograph are in layers behind the black text. I also used the selection and expand options to apply a white edge on the inside and the outside of the text. This was the most time consuming part of the process.
This was a fun, simple project which only took me an hour from start to print!
I have resigned my email signature.
Today I have been organising my portable music device. The main reason was to have new music and to make sure each song had a cover, as a visual person it is easier for me to store a visual database and and aural database. There were some songs/DJs/albums that just did not have a cover – or not one worth putting on a portable music device.
I designed some covers based off a quick google image search to find a picture that I liked and sometimes I grabbed a logo. Some were created from my own photography or digital illustration. Here is the few that I made.
These were all created in GiMP with each cover taking no more than 10 minutes to create.
(I will come back and put links/credits to the original internet images)
Putting this old wallpaper on here made me open the folder full of these old but still lovely wallpapers. These are all mostly made with photographs that I have taken or fractals I generated and multiple layers in photoshop.
The caption is the name of the wallpaper and also the foundation of what made it.
I was so very unhappy with the diary I bought in 2011. I really liked the size it was as it fits in my handbag/utility belt and the idea that there was plenty of paper to just draw on. The downside was there was too much paper wasted tellling me which year it was and having lines that were too small to write in. It was the very standard diary shrunk to be about A7. I started redesigning a better diary just for me!
- There is bleed tabs to make the months easier to identify
- Each month has a few lines to write on and a month view
- Day to a page – plenty of writing/drawing space
- Birthdays and Public Holidays have been printed in
- Black and white printing and perfect bound
- At the start is paper sizes, time zones (both info graphics) metric-imperial, school holidays
- typeface is Minya Nouvelle
I was very happy to hear that two good friends of mine were getting married and even more honoured to be the photographer at their wedding. The day went very well and the photographs turned out quite well despite being in the harsh Queensland afternoon sun.
As an extra special present to my two friends, and their family, I took the best photographs and created a photobook for them.
I had a lot of fun taking the photographs and lots of fun creating the book but the most fun was the reaction of the new bride, she loved them. I have already been told that the people she has shown it to have really liked that I captured the feeling from the day within the book – my aim exactly!
Last year I was asked by a musician to do a photo shoot and to create a stylised vector drawing of him for the cover of his upcoming CD. Long story short: the three versions of the illustration never saw the light of day until now.
Since the design remains my intellectual property I can show you the stylised vector of the unnamed musician:
For what it is worth: I chose the bottom of the three versions for the cover and placed all the required text in the white space and it looked amazing.