Freelance photoshoot for a trailer hire depot.
Requirements: minimum 3 photographs of the depot (the premises, the stock, internal anything else) and one of the manager
The exact location of the depot is hard to determine as you approach it so the first photograph is of the road to get an idea of what you should see as you approach it.
All photographs taken on a Nikon D60, are manually exposed and unedited except the portrait of the manager (faux depth of field created in photoshop).
Freelance job for Urban Tile Company to design transparent stickers for boards with which they display tiles in their show room. This job is for 50 stickers in three different colours totalling 150 stickers. I also print brokered the job, learning more about sticker printing. I got the brief through email and went in to meet them when some of the details didn’t work out. Below is the pen to paper sketching alongside the rough done in accordance to the brief:
Once the size of the sticker and the typeface and its treatment was selected I could go ahead and design the artwork and get quotes for printing. The actual artwork took half an hour to do. Below are the three stickers:
With the artwork approved and the print quote accepted the artwork was sent off for printing in the format the printer preferred. (PDF with all three stickers on one page with trim marks for each sticker) I strongly suggested to the client that the stickers be individually cut by the printer for ease of use and to save their time. Below are the three bundles I delivered to my client:
When I was delivering the product I asked the client if I could come back in two weeks to photograph the stickers in situ. I was granted permission to do not only this but to put this job on my website. Below are the stickers on the display board in Urban Tile Company’s show room:
This was a great job to do and I was very happy to have such a happy client.
I made these for the State Zionist Council of Queensland in 2007. I was asked to take two images and convert them into an image that looked like a badge. I was given the images and a tutorial and started to create them. Here is the original and remake of both images:
While I was making these badges I realised that the images would need to be edited before being made into the badge. The image itself is just a layer in the overall design and in order for them to look good in a circle they did need to be changed. The first badge is clearly rearranged so the words “Isreal 60” were large enough to read – if the whole image was scaled it became hard to read the words. The person and Star of David were also repositioned in relation to the words. Overall the design is easier to read and see especially on the circle badge.
The second image was reflected horizontally and vertically in order to make the Star of David easier to see, have the flag look more like a flag in this context and to create an overall more balanced image inside the circle badge.
These badges were later placed in brochures.
When making these images it seemed appropriate to label the images with my Kassandra Designs signature typeface. I will probably do this alot now.