12th July 2009
Something that has long been a hassle is how I have set up my own logos export file. Up until now there has been two files both called nearly the same thing both with excess information or not in the right format (with expanded appearnence). Today while I have been setting up stuff to upload to the blog I have realised that this format would be better:
Kassandra Logo saved as 3 separate EPS files for each of the three colours. This screenshot from within illustrator with all three files open. AHHH less worries about which file to open now since they are Encapsulated Post Script files.
11 July 2009
I decided to use “the generator” to make three different entries into the competition. When scrolling through I realised that there was actually text for the city Brisbane so I could not resist but put it on one of the advertisements. The category for the final round is “simply city” so the following three designs were my competition entries.
Using the bottle only on a gradient background and the tag line urban planet: simple and city.
Black and white only with hustle and bustle of the streets of “Brisbane” complete with the name Brisbane, the confusing map of streets (similar to Brisbane) in the shape of the bottle a requirement and the tag line “urban planet” to anchor the visual message with text.
A very different approach indeed. The background is created from a very enlarged surfboard and the rest of the elements: city, man, bottle, text and flags are all minimal colour scribbled elements which ties all in visually. There is a very vivid and lively colour palette which ties in the text: live it up.
These designs have all been put up on the site and the disclaimer did state that not all were going to be put up on the site. Maybe the three links will work but they may not correspond to the order on this page.
Since I am a designer who has spent time working out the style of the designs relating to me and my logo. As much as a theme may say you can customise the colours, you can’t. I am also too poor to upgrade to have the ability to use css, althought that would be good.
I made four different custom headers with basic information: logo, word designs and name of blog and of course my purple. This is the first one I made: