Designed to make Harry’s “Red” couches stand out.
Panel A, Panel B
These were commissioned by Harry to fill a few prerequisites:
- could not be too big in the room but big enough to fill a full wall
- had to create contrast in his lounge with red-brown-maroon colour palette
- could be versatile enough to be changed at will – not a static diptych
- modern and interesting
- blur the lines between art and design
Each panel is a 50 x 90 cm pre-made canvas. The relationship between colours employees Fibonacci numbers for balance. Due to using this number set each panel is balanced and when adding the panels to each other in any formation continued the number set.
Freelance job for Urban Tile Company to design transparent stickers for boards with which they display tiles in their show room. This job is for 50 stickers in three different colours totalling 150 stickers. I also print brokered the job, learning more about sticker printing. I got the brief through email and went in to meet them when some of the details didn’t work out. Below is the pen to paper sketching alongside the rough done in accordance to the brief:
Once the size of the sticker and the typeface and its treatment was selected I could go ahead and design the artwork and get quotes for printing. The actual artwork took half an hour to do. Below are the three stickers:
With the artwork approved and the print quote accepted the artwork was sent off for printing in the format the printer preferred. (PDF with all three stickers on one page with trim marks for each sticker) I strongly suggested to the client that the stickers be individually cut by the printer for ease of use and to save their time. Below are the three bundles I delivered to my client:
When I was delivering the product I asked the client if I could come back in two weeks to photograph the stickers in situ. I was granted permission to do not only this but to put this job on my website. Below are the stickers on the display board in Urban Tile Company’s show room:
This was a great job to do and I was very happy to have such a happy client.
I felt like making something with my hands. I remember making these woollen things as a child – on a much smaller scale with paddle pop sticks. To begin I went into my backyard to find a couple of good sized sticks. Then I went through my mum’s wool collection and found rements of wool to use. Then I started securing the sticks and looping the wool around the sticks, over and over again until I finished. I quickly made an information graphic (using Kassandra Designs Signature Typeface I have designed) to explain what I did.
I have taken plenty of photographs of the final product. Here is two – one is how I suggest it is displayed (stuck in the ground) and a close up of the centre.
I used purples and blues and a row of black between the two. It looks great and I kept my hands busy for a few hours while I made it.