I have been really having fun making clock designs to sell on Redbubble. I dont quite remember the last time I had a spare moment to myself let alone full time creative freedom. It’s nice. Here are four clocks I have designed that Redbubble print and manufacture.
I have designed a clock that is for sale on redbubble.
It has been really interesting for me to see how much the trend of print mockups has been on the internet as a way to showcase your work. Not so long ago when I first was adding portfolio items to behance I was using just screenshots of my files and now I take the time (which is getting quicker and quicker) to make mockup images. They really do tell the story better and are instantly recognisable. It is not until I see the two side-by-side that I realise this is a trend that will not be going away and this is something I am very happy with.
It certainly makes a difference when showing spreads of a book. Previously I felt the need to show the spine and edges otherwise there is no context.
I really do not think the difference is as profound with the cover but certainly, it is more obvious that this is a book cover and not a flyer or something else.But when showing something really quite big, like a billboard, the mockups are simply wonderful because it is so much easier to understand the scale in this context.
My new invoice design. This was designed in Libre Office Calc aka Excel. The top and bottom are pictures created in Illustrator. It picks up values from a pivot table and has made my life better. The pattern down the side is cells with fills. Suffice to say this was not an easy piece of design to work with but I am very happy with the outcome.
A postcard I designed to post out to friends and family. I decided to make the text “cheesy postcard style” which I enjoyed creating. I am also riding my bike wearing a dress that designed and sewed.
The secret with the text was the selection tool to get space inside the type and deleting the inverse from photographs. These shapes of photograph are in layers behind the black text. I also used the selection and expand options to apply a white edge on the inside and the outside of the text. This was the most time consuming part of the process.
This was a fun, simple project which only took me an hour from start to print!
Today I have been organising my portable music device. The main reason was to have new music and to make sure each song had a cover, as a visual person it is easier for me to store a visual database and and aural database. There were some songs/DJs/albums that just did not have a cover – or not one worth putting on a portable music device.
I designed some covers based off a quick google image search to find a picture that I liked and sometimes I grabbed a logo. Some were created from my own photography or digital illustration. Here is the few that I made.
These were all created in GiMP with each cover taking no more than 10 minutes to create.
(I will come back and put links/credits to the original internet images)